Saturday, August 4, 2012

What about a Parfait?!



I found this recipe a while ago but could never seem to have all the ingredients at the same time (I have a new baby, remember!)...  Until today!  What got me so excited was the promise of creaminess without dairy.  I have to say, it delivered!  The only problem was that it was WAY too sweet this time! I used strawberries and they were very ripe, so you might need this much honey (I left out the Stevia completely and would use regular sugar anyway) with black- or raspberries, but next time I'm going to omit it completely and add to taste.  For the crumble I used plain ol' Rice Krispies (since my husband loves them), so there was probably a little less fiber, but I have no problem making THAT up.  I was really happy to see coconut oil in there too.  I try to eat a tablespoon of coconut oil every day for my skin and nails, and since I ate most of this on my own for lunch I got a pretty good dose!

Overall this was a success and having it available will really improve my mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment