Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Love Lara

Now, my sister mentioned Larabars to me a while ago...  It left such an impression on me that I can't even tell you whether or not my second child had even been conceived yet...  She said something about the number of ingredients, "yummy something or other", "blah blah blah..."*

I didn't remember anything about them until I was scouring the grocery store shelves at Lake Tahoe for something to curb my raging desire for chocolate!  Since I had already learned that milk-free snacks were kept separate in stores (kind of like kids banished to the middle of the school bus: not cool enough to sit in back, too annoying to sit up by the driver), I was looking in the raw/whole/organic food section.  Chocolate Chip Brownie caught my eye...  So I read the ingredients: Dates (interesting), Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips (yes please!!), Almonds, Walnuts (well, I guess if you have to have nuts..), Cocoa Powder.  Hm.  WAIT!!  These are those bars Hayley told me about!!

I bought three, two days later I went back and bought five more.  They ARE NOT brownies.  But they are terribly satisfying, hunger-wise and for a good dose of yummy.  At 240 calories they are a good sized snack for one making milk all day.  They come in LOTS of flavors.  And they're not all that expensive.  I have three boxes in my pantry right now, and I'll probably keep eating them even when I can go back to ingesting whatever my little heart desires!


* Sorry Hayley!

1 comment:

  1. HA! I just read this, and that's funny! I love you, and I'm glad you have SOMETHING that satisfy! <3

    ReplyDelete