Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hammer (Snack) Time!

Generally speaking snacks weren't a problem for me at the beginning.  I'd just have peanut butter with my apple instead of cheese (or PB with something else)...  That was becoming monotonous though (I CAN do the same breakfast every morning, I CAN'T do the same snack three times a day, every day!).  Also, once we started traveling (for almost a month, all over the west) I started having problems.  Enter

!!!!

I've had the Whole Berry Blast and Superfood Slam.  These were great because, as a nursing mommy I needed something with a calorie count comparable to a Snickers without the milk chocolate or nougat... or caramel for that matter!  These were incredibly filling and VERY yummy.  Now, the Superfood has chocolate and I know from experience that Sam has trouble with milk chocolate (even three squares of a Hershey's bar), but somehow they make it without milk, but we'll see that more in the Larabars... Coming soon!

Anyway, this is where an epiphany came.  These bars are mostly raw, whole foods.  Up to now I was looking for help strictly from the lactose-free community and while I found some good info and recipes, I was still unsatisfied in a lot of ways.  So now I look at all the extreme diets, raw food, whole food, vegan...  I can't get these bars at any of the stores near my house, but now I know they're out there....  I will find something along the same lines or, like everyone else does, get them off of amazon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment