Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Up and Up!

Now that I've been on the extra supplements for a few days and have added to my daily green in-take I'm starting to feel MUCH better!  In fact, yesterday I got *most* of my house work done, made split-pea soup for lunch, perfected my green smoothie, made dinner, AND made Chocolates!  It's amazing what your body can do when it's working well!  I thought I'd share my split-pea recipe since it's high in iron and it's SO good my two-year-old liked it!!

4 Bacon Slices, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
6 Baby Carrots, chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 tsp Rosemary
1/4 tsp Paprika
2 Bay Leaves
2 1/2 c Dried Split Peas
8 c Water
1 14.5oz can Chicken Broth
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook the bacon in a large stock-pot over medium heat until crisp.  Add the onion, carrots, and garlic and saute until the onion is just becoming translucent.  Add the spices (not S&P), peas, water, and broth, bring to a boil over med-high heat.  Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered until the peas are tender.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  You can be done, or as I like to do simmer uncovered until it's nice and thick and the peas are mostly broken up.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment